It's been a long time since I wanted (needed) to try this Eevee pattern created by Clare Heesh / 53stitches.
Lately, I have spent most of my time designing patterns and I felt like it would be a nice interlude to crochet something from someone else : it's always instructive to walk in someone else's footsteps, I believe it's the best way to improve your crocheting skills (practice, techniques and tips) and at the same time, it is very inspiring.
So here's my first try at Clare's Eevee pattern.
I only made few changes :
- working with a little thinner yarn than original pattern, I used a 3,5 mm hook instead of 3mm
- I lost my steel brush somewhere (as usual I'll find it when I won't need it), so I used a very simple comb for the collar grooming
- for darker insides of ears, as I don't have dark felt, I crocheted 2 pieces in black yarn : (ch7, in 2nd st from the hook : sl st, sc, sc, hdc, hdc, sc, slst ) and sew them making few more embroidery points to create a nice contour.
Apart from that, I followed every instructions, sticking to the plan.
The pattern is very well written and explained. Clare gives a lot of details and tips for you to succeed. Photos are very nice and helpful.
Only crochet / amigurumi's basic techniques are needed :
- magic ring, crocheting in the round
- single crochet (sc), invisible increase and decrease (inc dec)
So, I really really this pattern is suitable for beginners.
Plus the result is soooo cute, it will be a great reward for your efforts if you're not really used to amigurumis techniques yet. Give it a try , it's really an awesome pattern whether your a Pokemon's fan or not, you'll love that cutie Eevee !! And everybody around will love it to ;)